JOHN CUSACK IS RUBBISH


What is it with JOHN CUSACK, so many times I've tried to like him and his films, but every time I end up extremely disappointed. I love 80's teen comedy films, I watch far too many of them, and admittedly most of them are pretty awful, but they make me feel good inside, except that is when John Cusack is in one, I should love him really, South Park even based their 80's teen comedy parody EPISODE on a John Cusack film, maybe it's his smug annoying little face. I watched SAY ANYTHING for the first time last night and it was crap, John Cusack played the same eccentric cool/nerd who sometimes talks to the camera and I got bored after about 10 minutes, it was another disappointment after Better Of Dead, Tapeheads, The Sure Thing, Hot Pursuit and One Crazy Summer. The only 80's teen films I like with him in are where he plays a small part like in Stand By Me and Sixteen Candles, but I'm going to give him one last try tonight and watch Class which supposedly he isn't in that much and which also stars Rob Lowe and Andrew McCarthy, both of whom are great 80's teen actors. Also, why is he in so many films with his sister, that annoys me and kind of makes me dislike him even more.

*UPDATE* I watched CLASS last night and it was great, I think my theory is if John Cusack is in a 80's teen film but doesn't have a lead role then it will be good, but if he does then it'll most probably suck. It's similar to my theory that if Harry Dean Stanton is in a film it'll be amazing.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your an idiot
Maybe it's because your from the UK
Lots of good films from there....LOL

The Thick Repeater said...

Fuk U downtown. I lik UK and UK muvies - also I think Cusack to be passable actor in hollywood pictures. downtown you are wrong you noobing lolmeister.

Anonymous said...

Class is cool
Cusack kinda sucks [like in High Fidelity]
Say Anything has some good lines, though

Anonymous said...

have you not seen better off dead?

JIRO said...

It's overrated, the only good scene in it is the dancing burger. Maybe my expectations were too high. Ive got it on DVD somewhere, maybe I'll give it another go someday.

Nice website by the way, I'm sure I've come across it before?

Kathryn Mackrory said...

this is the best blog i have ever seen. the best! john cusack is never good neither joan. oh no actually adams family values. shes ok. hes the bad cusack.
harry dean stanton is good, but his cinema-room scene in Ant n Dec's Alien autopsy is actually incredible.

Previous John Cusack Fan said...

Today on twitter he started telling some Say Anything fans that they were halfwits and to unfollow him. Then he called them all trolls. I responded to him asking him what on earth he was doing pissing off all his fans and that it might hurt his career and he sent me a direct message telling me that he thought I was threatening him and told me to "go to hell", then blocked me. He has been my favourite actor since I was 9 years old (now 35), I'm very saddened by this, I was only worried for him as he seems so angry. He must really be miserable with his life to be turning his back on his fans like that. I actually feel sorry for him.