SABRA CADABRA

I promised Bucks Fizz I'd make a Sabbath mix for the uninitiated. So here are the 10 songs I like the most, plus my Sab story...

When I was 13 I got a summer job mopping floors in a warehouse with the sole intention of earning cash to satisfy my hunger for heavy metal. Clutching my first week's wages of £10, I biked down to Our Price in Stokport town centre and set about choosing a tape to buy. I couldn't make my mind up and it took me AGES to decide... so long in fact that the sales staff suspected I was shoplifting and called the police. The cops came, searched me, found nothing, yet still I got reprimanded -- though the only crime I was guilty of was loving heavy riffs. Anyways, the album I finally settled on was Black Sabbath's eponymous debut. I distinctly remember being completely seduced and scared shitless by the evil-sounding storytelling. Fact is, Satan is fucking cool. Especially when you're 13...

That's a photo of my then boss and me clutching a fistful of cassettes.

The Writ


Listen to more after the jump...

<


Behind The Wall Of Sleep


Hand Of Doom


Sabbath Bloody Sabbath


Symptom Of The Universe


Into the Void (Kyuss)


The Wizard


Fairies Wear Boots


Warning


Sabra Cadabra


3 comments:

jack andrew lantern said...

And a candlemass tee. Sweet.

Unknown said...

Yep. I actually drew that myself. Wish I still had it.

Ray Ban Sunglasses Sale said...

A good post, is worth to recommend the thread, hope can see your post.