M.A.S.K. CRUSADERS WORKING OVERTIME FIGHTING CRIME

How much did I love the 1980s cartoon series M.A.S.K.? Well, fast-forwarding twenty odd years, I just watched the title sequence again and I still remember all the words. The "Danger Zone"-esque theme tune rocked the socks off my pre-teen world. Still does. 


Turns out the M.A.S.K. song was written by two guys, Shuki Levy and Haim Saban, who wrote ALL of the best cartoon theme tunes of the 1980s, including Inspector Gadget, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Dinosaucers, Dragon Quest, He-Man and She-Ra

* For those who haven't seen it, M.A.S.K. was an anime-style show which shamelessly ripped-off both G.I. Joe and Transformers. It pitted a special taskforce of good guys known as M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) against the unambiguously-named bad guys known as V.E.N.O.M.  (Vicious Evil Network oMayhem). 



No comments: